Times are changing across the United States, and Phoenix is no exception. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the city's December 2014 unemployment rate was 5.8 percent. That's considerably lower than the 12 percent it recorded in Jan 2010.
A good way for city residents to boost their job prospects is to seek additional training, but attending local campus-based schools is becoming increasingly difficult.
An August 2010 report by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities states that Arizona's budget woes forced the state to slash funding for several programs, including higher education. According to ABC News, the Arizona Board of Regents voted to raise tuition and fees to help decrease the funding gap, making Arizona campuses more expensive than ever. Fortunately, online schools in Phoenix give students a variety of more affordable options.
Phoenix Online Degrees
Enrollment in online education is at an all-time high, and online degrees are more widely accepted and respected than ever before. Some of the benefits of Phoenix online schools including the following:
- Affordability. You can shop around for the best tuition rates, since geography is no longer a concern.
- Flexibility. With online education, the classroom is never farther away than the nearest Internet connection, even if that's your couch or smartphone. Phoenix online schools typically let students access lectures and materials whenever it's convenient, rather than during a scheduled class period.
- Variety. Online students aren't limited to the selection of classes available at their local campus, so they can study just about anything.
Online Degrees in Phoenix: Which Degree Levels Do They Offer?
Students today can study almost anything online, even hands-on disciplines. Online schools in Glendale, Mesa, and Phoenix offer all types of degrees, including:
- Diplomas and certificates
- Associate's degrees
- Bachelor's degrees
- Master's degrees
- Doctoral degrees
Phoenix Degree Programs: What Are the Benefits?
Continuing your education is a worthwhile investment. According to a 2009 report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), salaries increase and unemployment rates drop with ongoing education, a particularly important consideration in today's economy.
Career Outlook for Phoenix Graduates
Online schools in Glendale, Mesa, or Phoenix can help you prepare for just about any career that inspires you, but focusing on an area of study that ties in with one of the community's largest industries can boost your overall employment prospects even more. Phoenix is a hub for aerospace, high-technology, bioscience, tourism, advanced business services, and sustainable technology employers, according to a report by the City of Phoenix.
The BLS lists Phoenix's largest industries in 2014 as the following:
- Trade, transportation, and utilities
- Professional and business services
- Education and health services
Phoenix online schools can offer the training required to compete in these fields and many others.