Once famed for its steel mills and manufacturing facilities, Pittsburgh has undergone profound changes in the last few decades. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that laboratory research and social services are now two of the largest sectors in the area. The city also boasts a wide variety of educational options, and online schools in Pittsburgh offer one way to earn an accredited education in your preferred field.
Pittsburgh Degree Programs: What Are the Benefits?
- Attend class when it fits into your life, family, and work commitments
- Access online research libraries and databases
- Study comfortably and conveniently anywhere with an Internet connection
Which Jobs in Pittsburgh Can You Get After Earning Your Online Degree?
Some of the leading local industries in Pittsburgh are:
- Health care
- Biomedical research
Below are some median annual salaries for workers in Pittsburgh as of May 2014, as per Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS):
- Biomedical Engineers: $69,130
- Electrical Engineers: $87,670
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education: $61,100
- History Teachers, Post-secondary: $68,610
- Registered Nurse: $62,470